Cyberfret.com Legacy Guitar Composition Lessons
All guitar lessons on Cyberfret.com are in the process of being updated. Below are some songwriting and guitar composition lessons from the old website that have not made it to the new one yet.
Understanding Meter and its Application
- In this guitar lesson Zack Uidl will teach you how to use meter, and different time signatures in your songwriting. MP3 audio examples are included and demonstrate Simple Meter, Compound Meter, Odd Meter, Polyrhythms, Polymeter and more.
Songwriting - Part 1
- Guitarist Tom Hess gives some important tools to help with songwriting.
Songwriting - Part 2
- Guitarist Tom Hess continues his series on songwriting by discussing the process of writing a melody first vs. writing the chords first.
3 Keys to Successfully Writing Music
- In this article composer Kole shares 3 essential and very effective concepts for writing music. Craft, Creativity, and Customization.
The Art of Pre-Composition: Part 1
- Guitarist Kole teaches a technique that involves charting specific details of what you want to express in a composition before actual writing begins.
The Art of Pre-Composition: Part 2
- Guitarist Kole continues his series on Pre-Composition on the guitar.
Horizontal and Vertical Thinking - Part 1
- Guitarist Kole explains the concept of vertical thinking in composing music.
The Minor 2nd
- Guitarist Kole explores this often misunderstood and under appreciated interval, and shows you how to incorporate it into your music.
3 Ways to get out of a Songwriting Rut!
- Guitarist Kole gives some tips on how to spark your songwriting creativity.
Adding Color to your Music
- In this songwriting lesson guitarist Kole shows your how spice up your music by using melodic replacement involving the 9's of chords.
5 Priceless Composition Tips for the Young Composer
- In this songwriting lesson guitarist Kole gives you 5 tips that will greatly improve your composition ability.
Voice Leading Tips for Writing Better Progressions: Part 1
- Guitarist Mike Philippov shows how your can improve the chord progressions that you write on the guitar.
Frame by Frame (Writing a film score)
- Guitar player Ian Hand explains how to write music for film.
Writing Guitar Licks
- Guitarist Randy Ellefson breaks down how to write hot guitar licks into several easy steps.
Structural Chord Progressions
- In this guitar songwriting lesson earn how to create more tension and resolution in your songs by using progressions not just within sections, but across them. A free jam track is included.
Interval Riff Basics
- Chords aren't your only option when playing and composing for rhythm guitar. This songwriting guitar lesson is the first in a series designed to introduce richer sounds to your music, including the use of counterpoint.
Interval Riff Ornamentation
- This guitar songwriting lesson is a follow up to "Interval Riff Basics" continues with ornamenting thirds and fifths to create melody and cooler guitar riffs. Many examples, guitar chord charts, and mp3s are included.
Dropped-D Rhythm Guitar Patterns
- In this free online guitar lesson Paul Tauterouff helps you expand your rhythm guitar playing and riff writing skills by exploring Dropped-D tuning.
The Challenges Of Recording Solo Acoustic Guitar
- Recording solo acoustic guitar in its exposed isolated form can present some technical issues for sure. This article by guitarist Chris Standring looks at this challenging procedure and shows you things to watch out for.